Would you like to know the secret of effective communication?
This one day course is based around ‘the psychology of relating’. We explore our own preferred style of communicating and the styles of others to increase our understanding and flexibility. We explore techniques to build more positive relationships both within the council and outside in the community. We will examine how our own mind-set can dictate outcomes and become self-fulfilling prophesies and explore strategies to protect our professional boundaries when handling any difficult conversations to increase resilience for the busy and demanding workplace of the twenty-first century town clerk.
Why should you attend?
· Do ever feel you would like some new techniques or language, to help you to build positive professional relationships within the council?
· Do you ever lack confidence when dealing with difficult conversations in your workplace or with your community?
· Would you like to refresh your interpersonal skills?
· Do you ever feel you are not saying what you’d like to, or need to? Or, that you worry too much about what others think of you when you have to deliver a difficult message?
· Would you like to feel you have a toolbox of language that would help you to feel more confident in your role with colleagues and the general public?
Who should attend?
· All Town, Parish and Community councils members who wish to refresh, update or learn robust skills for building positive relationships
· Looking at the true value of rapport and the psychology behind ‘positive regard’
· Understanding how our mind-set leads our communication and dictates outcomes
· Linking quality internal council communication to quality external community communication
· Using assertiveness techniques & language to support personal boundaries for positive outcomes
· Considering how we as individuals prefer to communicate in order to understand others
· How to handle difficult conversations
0915 – 1630*
*This is a one day course. Exact timings will be confirmed when you receive your joining instructions.
About the trainer:
Sally Foan is an intuitive and inspirational coach & trainer. With many years experience working alongside a broad range of organisations including the travel industry, airline industry, health and fitness industry and more recently in a range of public, private and not-for-profit organisations, her facilitative style helps delegates relax, enjoy and participate in their own development which results in the best sort of change; one that lasts. Sally dissolves limiting beliefs and builds personal confidence to help people realise their own potential. She is a qualified Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and a qualified trainer for the Leading & Developing High Performance programme created by Dr. Derek Biddle (L&DHP). Her current clients include a range of people from the world of international sport & business.
Feedback from Sally's previous training events (not SLCC): “This year has been one of the best ever for me, I have regained confidence and enjoyed many new experiences that seemed beyond reach a year ago. This is in no small part due to your coaching and I still refer back to the skills you taught me in our sessions.” NLP coaching client feedback. Dacorum Borough Council, Housing Manager. Dec 2012
There is not just value in your investment in attending the training course, but these are also great opportunities to network with like-minded individuals and make new contacts.
Book your next personal development opportunity now!