Something faced by clerks in all councils of any size – going out to tender, or just looking for quotes. It could be street lights, grounds maintenance or a major building project. A well constructed tender and specification can save your council money. This one day course will provide you with the knowledge to assist with the process of submitting services to competition. It will have a mixture of presentation of the theory, practical examples, anecdotes and case studies and provide a clinic to answer your questions/issues.
Why should you attend?
To update your knowledge of the processes involved
To discover best practice
To learn what others are doing regarding contracting
To handle the fact that many services run by local authorities (e.g. grounds maintenance) are being delegated to town and parish councils
Who should attend?
Essential for all clerks and responsible financial officers and project managers.
The Legalities - Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
How do you find suppliers - advertising, EU Procurement Directives and other regulations
Competitive quotes, formal tenders, contracts, specifications - jargon busting!
Competition Strategy - selecting the right solution to your goods/service
Detailed specifications - Get it right the first time!
Tender documents - standard documentation required such as prices, method statements, policies, procedures, health and safety risk assessments and certificates
Evaluating the bids - the scoring process
Contract Management - making sure it works
Other - Bring along your competition issues and questions to a special clinic session
0930 - 1630*
* This is a one day course. Exact timings will be confirmed when you receive your joining instructions.
Abut the trainer:
• Andy Dyson has over 25 years’ experience of Training and Social Employment in USA, Germany, and UK
• Public Sector Bid/Tender Management, Disbursement of public funds by grant and public tender.
• Control of PQQ, ITT and Tender assessment on applications from £50,000 upward. Total funds of over 13 million
• Experienced in the post tender contract negotiation phase and subsequent programme management of funding programme benefits delivery
• Proven track record of stakeholder management within the commercial and public sector
• MSP certified, MBA qualified senior manager
• Experience of programme development, from conception to delivery
• Excellent analytic and financial skills including experience of reporting to board structures
If your Clerk attends, subsequent bookings for the same course from members of the council may attend at the member rate.
There is not just value in your investment in attending the training course, but these are also great opportunities to network with like-minded individuals and make new contacts.
Book your next personal development opportunity now!
|| Course Code
|| Non Members
3rd Oct 17
Shaw House, Church Road, Newbury RG14 2DR
*Your registration will secure you a place on the course. Your booking will only then be confirmed and invoices issued approximately 3 weeks before the course date. It is advised you wait until this time before booking your travel arrangements. At a similar time you will be sent a delegate list and joining instructions detailing the venue, parking, trainer and any other details relevant to the course. It is advised not to book your travel until the course is confirmed and you have received your joining instructions.
Terms and Conditions of booking
If you have any questions, please contact us through our contact form.