Council: Society of Local Council Clerks
Volunteer Position involving attendance at approximately 4 meetings in a year. Meetings may take place either face to face or via Skype or other technology.
The role of the Panel Member is designed to support the existing Panel Members and widen participation in the policy development process. For this reason the role is not open to members of the SLCC’s Board, National Forum or employees as these groups have existing mechanisms for personal involvement.
The Panel has access to significant data and the experiences of individuals who have been subject to bullying. The Panel Member will bring professional knowledge and experience to complement this and the knowledge and experience of the Panel. Whilst empathy is required, this must be combined with objectivity and pragmatism. The Panel Member will be expected to respect and maintain full confidentiality of the sensitive materials they are privy to.
1. A minimum of 3 years' experience as a clerk or deputy clerk
2. Recent experience of line managing staff (within last 5 years)
3. Not subject to bullying in the last 5 years
4. A full Member of SLCC, not a member of the SLCC’s Board, National Forum or staff
5. An ability to empathise with those subject to bullying
6. An ability to handle and an understanding of the need to manage data handled by the Panel with sensitivity and confidentiality
7. A proven track record of objective and pragmatic problem solving
8. Available to attend meetings in person and/or using Skype
1. A recognised legal, HR or management qualification at Level 5 or above
2. Experience of the Standards regime or other dispute resolution
3. Experience of supporting individuals in the workplace
How to apply
The application form is available to download here
Written applications on the SLCC application form setting out how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role.
Applications to be submitted to Lis Moore Head of Advisory Services and emailed to email@example.com or by post to 8 The Crescent Taunton TA1 4EA.