We are delighted to be working with De Montfort University (DMU) from January 2018 after 30 years of delivering the programme through the University of Gloucestershire. DMU makes sure that the programme meets quality standards and confirms that the qualification is worthy of its name. The Society of Local Council Clerks teaches the modules and administers the programme. Our academic contact at DMU is Associate Professor Alistair Jones.
• The Course Leader is Elisabeth Skinner Teaching Fellow, Cert Ed, BA Hons, FILCM. Elisabeth joined the Society in 2012 as Academic Leader. After an early career in school teaching, she worked at the University of Gloucestershire from 1989 to 2012 as lecturer and then course leader of predecessor courses.
• The Assistant Course Leader is Dominic Stapleton BA Hons, FILCM. Dom is a first class honours graduate of the University’s programme. After a career in the RAF and Diplomatic Service, he joined local government in 2000 and Didcot Town Council in 2003 where he was town clerk between 2005 and 2015. He then became a consultant for local councils and was appointed Assistant Course Leader in 2016. Dominic trained to be a higher education teacher through the PGCAP in 2016.
• Johnathan Bourne BA Hons, FILCM has been Town Clerk at Royal Wootton Bassett since 1987. In 2013 he completed three years of service as Chairman of the Society and became Chairman again in 2016. He sees teaching as an adventure and has gained the PGCAP, a postgraduate qualification for teaching in higher education. Johnathan is a Module Tutor.
• Linda Roberts BA Hons, FILCM is currently Head of Conferences, Training & Education at SLCC (maternity cover) and was previously the Town Clerk at Calne Town Council. Linda has a first class honours in Local Policy (a predecessor of Community Governance). Linda is passionate about learning and a committed supporter of professional development. She is a Module Tutor and in 2015 was President of the Society. Linda also gained the PGCAP in 2016.
• Pauline Whitehead and Sue Hobbs are Personal Tutors. Pauline and Sue both have first class honours degrees in the University of Gloucestershire’s programme for local council officers. Both have worked for many years as town or parish clerks.
• Leanne Shadrick BA Hons is our Course Administrator at the Taunton office working from Wednesday to Friday. Leanne has a degree in Education and HNC in Public Administration and is passionate about supporting learning. We communicate with Leanne via the Community Governance e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com