This course is an ideal introduction to marketing, aimed specifically at local council employees who are engaged in running public assets/venues. It provides an overview of the different marketing methods (traditional and online) that can be used to promote your venue in a cost effective manner.
In this workshop we will review the basic principles of marketing, to understand why people buy, the purchasing cycle, product life cycles, how to develop your own marketing strategy and how to write a robust and practical marketing plan.
We will look at how to undertake effective market research - on a shoe string budget that will help you segment your market, understand your competition and identify new customers/clients and how to increase your footfall.
Who should you attend?
• Why people buy, the purchasing cycle and product life cycles
• Market research and how to segment your market
• Your product (cause) brand and building customer loyalty
• The competition and how to becoming a brand leader
• Developing a marketing strategy and writing the plan
• Budgets and sales forecasting
• The marketing mix
0930 - 1630*
* This is a one day course. Exact timings will be confirmed when you receive your joining instructions.
About the trainer:
Jane Galloway is a fundraising, marketing and communications consultant and an Associate Lecturer at Chichester University. Her previous roles include Dept Manager for House of Fraser and Store Manager for Sears. For the past 20+ years however, she has been working in the 'not for private profit' sector, including working for Macmillan on a £1.2 million capital appeal for a new cancer care centre, then as Appeal Director for a University teaching hospital in London, on a £3 million appeal.
In 1997 Jane was appointed Marketing Director and then Chief Executive for a UK national conservation charity. Later she became Director of Communications & Fundraising a UK national disability organisation. This breadth of professional experience has equipped Jane to assist a wide range of businesses and other organisations with their training need and strategic development.
“Jane is a confident and knowledgeable trainer who encouraged delegate involvement. I would recommend Jane to colleagues and other local authorities” Stewart Walton, Earley Town Council
“Excellent course - one of the best marketing courses I have even been on”
|SLCC Members:||£125.00 + VAT|
|Non-members:||£145.00 + VAT|
If your Clerk attends, subsequent bookings for the same course from members of the council may attend at the member rate.
There is not just value in your investment in attending the training course, but these are also great opportunities to network with like-minded individuals and make new contacts.
Book your next personal development opportunity now!
|Date||Course Code||Venue||Directions||Members||Non Members||Register|
29th Mar 19
Congleton Town Council
The Town Hall
|Get Directions||£125 +VAT||£145 +VAT||Click Here|
* Your registration will secure you a place on the course. Your booking will only then be confirmed and invoices issued approximately 3 weeks before the course date. it is advised you wait until this time before booking your travel arrangements. At a similar time you will also be sent a delegate list and joining instructions detailing the venue, parking, trainer and any other details relevant to the course.
if you have any questions, please contact us through our contact form