We will discuss some of the essential elements needed to make your story newsworthy and eye-catching. You will learn how to write your press release using the correct format and layout, content essentials and your own USP that will make people read your story. Throughout the day we will be doing practical exercises and writing press releases.
Who are your audience?
- Knowing who your story is aimed at is essential if you are going to get your message out there
- Knowing the circulation of the paper or magazine - the area it covers and average number of copies they sell
Do your homework!
- Contact the paper and find out the basics
- Build a relationship with your contact
- Read other people’s press releases and learn from whats already been done
- Write yourself a checklist to make life easier
Writing your press release
- Format and layout
- Content essentials
- Your USP that will make people read your story
- Do’s and don’ts of including a photograph
- Rules that make a headline work
- Making your press release work on social media
- SEO friendly
- Are your twitter and Facebook pages good enough?
0915 – 1630*
*This is a one day course. Exact timings will be confirmed when you receive your joining instructions.
There is not just value in your investment in attending the training course, but these are also great opportunities to network with like-minded individuals and make new contacts.
Book your next personal development opportunity now!
*Your registration will secure you a place on the course. Your booking will only then be confirmed and invoices issued approximately 3 weeks before the course date. It is advised you wait until this time before booking your travel arrangements. At a similar time you will be sent a delegate list and joining instructions detailing the venue, parking, trainer and any other details relevant to the course. It is advised not to book your travel until the course is confirmed and you have received your joining instructions.
Terms and Conditions of booking
If you have any questions, please contact us through our contact form.