We will discuss some of the essential elements needed to make your story newsworthy and eye-catching. You will learn how to write your press release using the correct format and layout, content essentials and your own USP that will make people read your story. Throughout the day we will be doing practical exercises and writing press releases.
Who are your audience?
- Knowing who your story is aimed at is essential if you are going to get your message out there
- Knowing the circulation of the paper or magazine - the area it covers and average number of copies they sell
Do your homework!
- Contact the paper and find out the basics
- Build a relationship with your contact
- Read other people’s press releases and learn from whats already been done
- Write yourself a checklist to make life easier
Writing your press release
- Format and layout
- Content essentials
- Your USP that will make people read your story
- Do’s and don’ts of including a photograph
- Rules that make a headline work
- Making your press release work on social media
- SEO friendly
- Are your twitter and Facebook pages good enough?
0915 – 1630*
*This is a one day course. Exact timings will be confirmed when you receive your joining instructions.
There is not just value in your investment in attending the training course, but these are also great opportunities to network with like-minded individuals and make new contacts.
Book your next personal development opportunity now!
Wrong time? Wrong place? Wrong Training?
The Society is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please click here to complete an ‘expression of interest’.
*Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event and your invoice will be sent 5 days after the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
It is advised you wait until this time before booking your travel arrangements. At a similar time you will be sent a delegate list and joining instructions detailing the venue, parking, trainer and any other details relevant to the course. It is advised not to book your travel until the course is confirmed and you have received your joining instructions.
If you have any questions, please contact us through our contact form.