Approaching Feedback with Positivity (It’s Not Just for Managers!) – 28 September
Tuesday 28 September, 10:00am – 11:30am
SLCC Members – £30 + VAT
Non-Members – £35 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending this session.
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event (please check your spam inbox) and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
The objectives of this webinar are:
- To create an environment for an open and honest conversation, and learn to handle what might be perceived as negative feedback
- Provide the tools needed to tackle what could be a difficult conversation, and turn it into a positive:
- Asking the right questions at the right time
- Listening to what is said
- Finding options to improve
- To help you feel more comfortable in giving feedback when it is needed, instead of putting it off
- In reverse, this also applies to receiving and responding to feedback that makes you uncomfortable too
There will be opportunities in this session to try out different techniques to help build your skills. By practicing and developing the skills required, you’ll feel more comfortable approaching these kinds of difficult conversations (whether giving or receiving feedback).
It’s never going to be easy, but once done, you’ll find it’s not as bad as you thought.
About the Trainer
Mia Cherry worked in the hospitality industry for many years. Working her way up from cleaner to department manager and finally to a hotel manager she gained experience of managing tasks but also more challenging management of people. It was her determination to find ways to motivate her team and work together to create a nice working environment that eventually led her to creating her own training to help others learn how to be a better manager/leader.
Mia’s interest in observing behaviour and how different personalities perform and communicate helps keep the training relevant and up to date. She loves using analogies and sometimes ‘thought provoking’ questions to engage her audience.
Mia’s live training sessions are interactive, full of colour and sweets – so called brain friendly learning to enhance learning and understanding.
Wrong time? Wrong subject?
The SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.