Equality, diversity and inclusion essentials
To provide advice and guidance on equality and diversity issues as follows:
- Dealing with the general public
- Managing equality and diversity in the workplace
- Ensuring EDI are embedded in the process of recruitment and selection
- To explore how to embed EDI into everyday practice
SLCC Members – £145 + VAT
Non-Members – £165 + VAT
Claim 2.5 CPD points for attending this course!
19th November, 9.30am – 3.30pm
Ollerton and Boughton Town Council, Town Hall, Sherwood Drive New Ollerton, Newark, Nottinghamshire NG22 9PP
The session is designed to be interactive
- Delivery will use a range of learning methods including; Power point presentation to structure the session; Statistics, quizzes, case studies and a workbook Open and honest debate on EDI related topics Good practice guidance.
- Our EDI workshop is participative, practical and informative; presented in an outgoing, informal and relaxed style.
- We aim to stimulate participant interest and cater for a range of learning styles and behaviours.
- There will be opportunities for group and individual feedback, as well as Q&A session at the end.
- Updating on the Equality Act 2010
- Exploring EDI issues within the organisation
- Reflecting on staff rights and responsibilities in relation to the UK Equality Legislation
- Exploring stereotypes, unconscious bias and myths and preconceptions around the EDI agenda
- Reflecting on the needs of the 9 protected groups
- Exploring inappropriate/appropriate behaviours
Outcomes of this course
By the end of the session the delegate will be able to:
- Outline the key elements of the Equality Act 2010
- Provide feedback on how to effectively manage equality and diversity in the workplace
- Identify the key ingredients for embedding EDI into the process of Recruitment and selection
- List a number of strategies to successfully embed EDI into policies, processes, procedures and practice
About the Trainer
Equality and Diversity UK is a specialist training company focusing on equality and diversity in the private, public and voluntary sectors. We provide training courses, seminars, resources and we run the Equality and Diversity Network.
Wrong time? Wrong place?
The SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.