National Conference 2021
Together we can do so much
National Conference – Our ‘showcase’ event, now in its 47th year! A unique opportunity for clerks, deputies, assistants and Responsible Financial Officers (RFO’s) to take part in relevant training to keep up-to-date and network with sector colleagues and experts.
The 2021 conference will take place at Jurys Inn Hinckley Island Hotel, Leicestershire on 13th – 14th October 2021.
Your exciting agenda will be available soon.
What’s in it for you?
- Choose your sessions – pick from a range of sessions to develop your own learning agenda
- Tailored content – the plenary sessions will provide specific guidance
- CPD points – accrue CPD points to increase your knowledge as well as building your CPD log. To be eligible to claim the full 4 CPD points you will need to have attended at least 10 sessions, i.e. 5 sessions per day over 2 days. CPD points are self-awarded
- Join your colleagues – meet up with your colleagues to share your experiences, learn from fellow clerks or just meet up with friends.
What to expect?
- Two days of intensive learning including a mix of plenary and workshop sessions
- A dedicated exhibitor area showcasing a range of products and services – our friendly commercial exhibitors will be available across the two-days to answer your queries. We will be holding an opening of the exhibitor area on the evening of 12th Oct.
- An SLCC Zone providing information on professional development and qualifications. The Zone will also feature the SLCC Bookshop giving you the chance to peruse and take away your books.
- Two SLCC dinners providing the chance to network with sector colleagues and exhibitors. The Outgoing President’s Dinner, 12th Oct (in support of the Breast Cancer Now charity, attendees are invited to wear something pink) and the Incoming President’s Dinner, 13th Oct.
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) for SLCC members will take place 12th Oct
Choose from our range of package options:
Attend as a day delegate for £140 + VAT for SLCC members or £160 + VAT for non-members per day
Conference registration for two days
Incoming President’s dinner (13th Oct)
Overnight Accommodation (13th Oct)
Breakfast (14th Oct)
Prices from £335 + £58.50 VAT
Conference registration for two days
Outgoing President’s Dinner (12th Oct) & Incoming President’s Dinner (13th Oct)
Overnight Accommodation (12th & 13th Oct)
Breakfast (13th & 14th Oct)
Prices from £449 + £72.80 VAT
- Smaller Councils Discount
This option will be displayed if your council has a precept of under £40k. Attend as a day delegate for £100 + VAT for SLCC members or £120 + VAT for non-members per day
Clerks in Wales – you could be eligible for a bursary towards 50% of the cost. Click here to find out more.
To view the full package detail please click ‘Book your place’.
Note: This year’s National Conference will focus on bringing people together and promoting networking, learning and fun. To put the spotlight on well being and the feel-good factor of the event we have decided not to provide wine on the table during dinner. We hope that you understand our decision and want to reassure you that this will not detract from the usual hospitality National Conference is renowned for.
A closer look at your sessions....
Your exciting 2021 agenda will be available soon – keep an eye on the website for speaker announcements!
SLCC’s Annual Awards celebrate the skills, dedication and professionalism of senior officers serving councils large and small throughout England and Wales.
Submit your nomination(s) and a panel appointed by the Board of Directors will determine the best three nominees in each category and the winner will be announced at the AGM on 12th October.
The various categories of awards are:
- New Clerk of the Year – presented to a clerk who has excelled in the early stages of their career. Nominees can be any clerk with less than three years’ service in the role (any clerk who entered the profession after 1st October 2017).
- Bryan Metcalf Award for Volunteering – awarded in memory of one of the SLCC’s greatest and longest serving volunteers, this award is presented to a clerk who has demonstrated exceptional voluntary service to the SLCC.
- Professional Innovation Award – awarded to recognise your SLCC’s core values, this award is presented to a clerk who has demonstrated exceptional creativity or an innovative approach in any element of the delivery of their council’s work.
- Best magazine article by a member – presented to the clerk who has contributed the best article to The Clerk magazine in the preceding year (from October 1st 2020).
- Best case study at an SLCC event – awarded to the clerk who has presented the best-case study at an SLCC conference or Regional Training Seminar in the preceding year (from October 1st 2020).
- Long Service Award(s) – awarded to a limited number of nominees annually who have served the SLCC over an extended period. Please note that the minimum criteria for a successful nomination are: 30 years’ service as a clerk, active service to SLCC, retired or retiring between 1st June 2021 and 31st May 2022.
We ask that you submit your nomination with a statement no longer than 300 words and complete it before Wednesday 1st September 2021.