Using Coaching Techniques – 5 & 12 July
Coaching is one of Daniel Goleman’s (author of Emotional Intelligence book) Leadership Styles. Using coaching techniques helps managers and leaders to encourage accountability and responsibility by identifying individual strengths but also weaknesses.
- What is coaching?
- A mini coaching session to demonstrate what coaching looks like in practice
- Working through the GROW model:
- Goal setting – looking into the future
- Reality – what is happening now
- Opportunities – what can be done
- Way Forward – actions to be completed
- Listening skills
- Identifying barriers and limiting beliefs (exploring: “I don’t have time/resources”, “It can’t be done” “This will never work”, etc.)
- Effective questioning
- Skills practice – in pairs or a group of three (going through each part of the GROW model)
In between session 1 and 2 you will be encouraged to try the coaching techniques within your team, identifying any challenges (which will be discussed in session 2).
- Discussion on the previous session and coaching
- Skills practice – this time with experience and sharing tips, questions, etc. to help you feel confident using coaching as part of your management/leadership style
Please note that your booking confirmation email will state that both sessions run from 10 – 11:30am. However, the correct timings are as noted above and will be stated again in the joining instructions email you receive prior to the first webinar.
You will be provided with questions you can use during the coaching session, and a coaching session sheet to help you navigate through the GROW model.
Mia (the trainer) will be available either on the phone or via email to help with any queries in the week between session 1 and session 2.
Tuesday 5 July, 10:00am – 11:30am
Tuesday 12 July, 10:00am – 11:00am
The cost for this webinar is:
SLCC Members – £60 + VAT
Non-Members – £70 + VAT
Claim 2 CPD points for attending!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
About the Trainer
Mia Cherry is a soft skills and communication trainer and coach. She is very passionate about helping people create a positive and understanding working environment. Just because we know how to talk doesn’t always mean we know how to communicate and often we don’t realise the impact our words and actions can have on others.
Mia worked in the hospitality industry for many years. Started as a cleaner and worked her way up to management role. It was this journey that taught her the importance of soft skills, especially when it comes to effectively managing a team but also communicate with senior management and director team.
Her passion for improving workplace culture to a more positive and understanding environment means that she’s always improving on her skills, learning new ways to improve her not only people skills but also training skills to provide the best experience for the learners.
Wrong time? Wrong place?
SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.