Council: Stroud Town Council
Salary: LC2: SP 19 to SP 23: £25,481 to £27,741 pro rata (2021 pay award pending) for 30 hours per week plus Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing date: 15/10/2021
The Town Council is looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to help us support people to bring about social change, working with individuals and community groups in Stroud. Our aim is to improve the quality of life for people who live in Stroud and to inspire and empower them to shape their own futures.
This post reports to the Town Clerk.
The role is largely community based, with a base at the Council’s office in Stroud town centre.
Purpose of job
The Community Development Officer will support people in Stroud to bring about social change, improve the quality of life in their local area and shape their own futures, working with individuals and community groups in Stroud to inspire and empower them to:
- identify their assets, needs, opportunities, rights and responsibilities
- plan what they want to achieve and take appropriate action
- develop activities and services to generate aspiration and confidence
This role is about bringing people together and acting as a link between our community and a range of public and voluntary sector providers.
The priorities are:
- addressing inequality, particularly in communities perceived to be culturally, economically or geographically disadvantaged
- stimulating community projects which address social isolation and loneliness
- addressing community safety concerns relating to antisocial behaviour; alcohol and drug misuse; and homelessness
- promoting healthy lifestyles, for example: active travel (walking and cycling to work and school); community gardening; play, sport and
- raising aspirations for young
This work is currently targeted in two specific areas: Top of Town (Slade ward), and Farmhill and Pagan hill ward), but may over time be rolled out to other areas in the town.
This role requires the post holder to work some evenings and/or weekends, for which time off in lieu may be taken in accordance with the needs of the Council.
For further information visit the council’s website here.
Applications should be returned by email to the Town Clerk email@example.com by noon on Friday 15th October 2021