Council: Dronfield Town Council
Salary: NJC Scale Point 26-28: £30,451 - £32,234, Full Time Equivalent depending on experience (Pro rata for 20 hours per week), pay award pending
Closing date: 04/03/2022 12:00
We are seeking a proactive Finance Officer to provide support and advice to the Town Clerk, Assistant Clerk and councillors on all financial matters. The Finance Officer will manage the day-to-day accounts, but in addition to this will also be involved with asset management and financial planning projects. The successful candidate is expected to hold an existing finance qualification such as CIMA, ACA or AAT, be a self-starter, who can work independently using their own initiative. Full details of the role can be found in the job description.
The successful applicant will have:
- A good general education plus a recognised financial qualification
- Previously worked in local government, charity or commercial sector
- Willingness to undertake training, plus good office management skills, experience of minute taking and excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to understand and keep abreast of any changes in financial regulations
- IT skills (Microsoft Office) and good communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to maintain good relationships with councillors, contractors and the general public.
- Be self-reliant, conscientious, and self-motivated.
- Flexibility is occasionally required to ensure office cover
Application forms to arrive no later than 12 noon on 4 March 2022.