Council: Marlborough Town Council
Salary: Salary Scale (LC3 SCP 42-45) depending on skills, experience and qualifications
Closing date: 11/11/2020
Marlborough Town Council is seeking a full time Town Clerk/RFO to serve our special and historic town. The successful candidate will help to strategically lead the council towards its aspirations including taking forward its recent climate emergency declaration, working with our principal council on a devolution agenda, seeing through the very final stages of a Neighbourhood Plan, overseeing two exciting refurbishment and build projects and a burgeoning tourism initiative as well as steering through the ever changing effects and recovery of the Coronavirus pandemic. The new Town Clerk will serve a town with a population of circa. 9,000 working alongside 16 enthusiastic councillors all with the support of a team of 14 dedicated staff members. With council elections in May 2021, joining us now will enable the right person to take a great council into an exciting new phase.
Does this appeal to you? It’s a big ask and you will be responsible, as our Chief Executive Officer, for a commercial and residential property portfolio, managing a budget of just under £750,000 and delivering the council’s vision for 2021–2025. In return, you’ll be offered a generous salary (starting at £45,859 per annum), a pension package, salary qualification increments, good holiday entitlement, flexible working and more.
- Location – Marlborough, Wiltshire
- Permanent position with 6 months probationary period
- Hours – 37 hours per week, with regular evening and some weekend working
- Salary Scale (LC3 SCP 42-45) depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
What are we looking for?
- You will have experience as a Town Clerk or Deputy Town Clerk or other senior manager in a local council or similar organisation in the public sector and, ideally, already be CiLCA qualified and/or be willing to achieve that status within 12 months of taking up the role.
- You’ll need to be confident, creative, unflappable, approachable, focused, quick thinking, community-minded, a people manager, adapt well to change, be content at the centre of things, but not seek to be the star of the show and a good communicator at all levels.
- You are thorough and focused in all aspects of your work, keeping on top of legal obligations and legislative changes.
- You are at home with financial accounting and analysis
- You have experience of managing projects
- Your written communication is good whether drawing up reports, policies, strategies, action plans, business cases, press releases or social media posts
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, for full details, contact Shelley Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing date for applications: 11 November 2020
COVID compliant interviews in week commencing 23 November 2020
Marlborough Town Council is committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.