Council: Sleaford Town Council
Salary: LC3, SCP 37 - 41 £40,876.00 to £44,863.00 per annum currently subject to award (depending on experience)
Closing date: 20/08/2021 12:00
Sleaford Town Council has a vacancy for a Town Clerk/RFO (Responsible Finance Officer)
Salary Scale Point LC3, SCP 37 – 41 (£40,876.00 to £44,863.00 per annum) currently subject to award (depending on experience) – £20.25 to £23.32 per hour, 37 hours per week + Local Government Pension Scheme.
Sleaford is the largest town in the North Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, with a population of over 19,000 people, set to rise to around 30,000 in the next 10-15 years. The Council has a workforce of 14 staff, both full and part-time, in the office and on the services side. The Council has a precept of approximately £690k which is supplemented through income from its service provision of car park, allotments, room hire and cemetery.
The attributes that Applicants must be able to demonstrate include:
- knowledge of the requirements of the Council and its services
- competent administrator with excellent IT and financial management skills, preferably with Local Government knowledge
- ability to manage the Council’s office and its contractors
- ability to work on own initiative, based in the Town Hall and working from own home if necessary
- excellent people skills, including the ability to work with councillors, members of the public and on occasions the local media
- ability to work some evenings and weekends and attend a minimum of 11 full council meetings over the course of the year
The successful applicant would be expected to have, or be prepared to obtain, CiLCA (Certificate in Local Council Administration).
Interested Applicants should download the Application Pack available on the Council’s website www.sleaford.gov.uk which contains full details and requirements of the post.
A job description, person specification and application form can also be downloaded below:
The closing date for the return of applications is midday on Friday 20th August.
Interviews will be held w/c 6th September 2021.
Submit Applications marked Private and Confidential to: The Clerk, Sleaford Town Hall, Quayside House, Navigation Yard, Sleaford, NG34 7TW
For an informal discussion, please email the Chairman of Sleaford Town Council by telephone: 07500 928957 or email: Robert.Oates@sleaford.gov.uk