Council: Saxmundham Town Council
Salary: Based on experience, within the local government LC3 band
Closing date: 07/08/2020
Saxmundham is a fast-growing market town and the town council is seeking a full time Town Clerk/RFO to play a leading role in helping shape the future. This is not a position just about the formal responsibilities of council: it is a role where the clerk will be providing guidance and proactive work in the strategic development and achievement of the council’s plans.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to advise the town council in both legal responsibilities and wider work in the town.
- A strong communicator, able to articulate the views of the council and liaise effectively with members of the community.
- Financially aware, able to manage resources and advise on budget setting
- Able to assist in project administration, contract negotiation and supplier management
- Approachable, friendly, well-organised and efficient.
Experience of working in local council/government is desirable but not essential, as appropriate training will be provided for the successful applicant. Remuneration will be based on experience, within the local government LC3 band.
Please contact Karen Forster, Interim Town Clerk, on 01728 604595 or [email protected] for an application pack. The closing date for applications is 7th August 2020.