The Local Council Consultancy (LCC) was launched in late 2018 by the SLCC as an additional capability to the advisory and membership services. LCC draw on the wide and deep expertise of the SLCC and seek to provide councils with a value for money, sector-leading consultancy service.
LCC operate on a ‘profit-for purpose’ basis, reinvesting all surpluses to further the development of professional clerks and, through them, the development of the whole sector.
The LCC services are delivered by our team of Associates who are grounded in core public service values, most of them having spent the major part of their own careers with local councils. We currently have over 40 expert Associates to help us provide a broad range of skills across many locations in England and Wales, offering bespoke solutions to meet your needs.
Establish the Correct Pay Range for a Role
LCC has successfully carried out a number of clerk pay evaluations using the joint NALC/SLCC scheme process. Our Associates are uniquely placed to undertake a thorough analysis of the demands of the post and the quantitative and qualitative data required to establish the correct pay range for the clerk’s role (and supporting roles where appropriate). After the evaluation, we will provide you with a detailed report setting out our recommendations and methodology.
What can LCC offer?
- A unique position in the local council sector meaning that we understand the issues faced by clerks and councils
- Strong connections across the sector utilising our association with the SLCC
- Experienced and qualified Associates to work with you and an Associate Manager to manage your project
- An honest approach – we’ll help if we can but we’ll be honest if we can’t
- A comprehensive range of skills and experience taken from all sizes of council
- Competitive rates with the opportunity to help you maximise your budget
How does the service work?
- Email LCC to discuss your requirements – email@example.com
- The Associate Manager will contact you to scope the work and give you a clear quote for the services required
- If the quote is agreed, you will receive a comprehensive plan detailing your project time scales, associate days required and project deliverables
- Your appointed Associate will deliver your project and the Associate Manager will oversee the work to ensure that the deadline, budget and objectives are achieved
- Your project will usually conclude with a final, tailored and detailed report
How much will LCC charge?
Each task will be individually costed during the scoping process and a simple and clear charge will be offered to the customer, based on a daily rate for the Associate plus additional costs such as travel. A handling fee will be included to cover the cost to the Society of running this new service. Daily rates will vary according to each project – the Associate Manager will be able to give you guidance for budget purposes if you need more details. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today to discuss your requirements.
“I’d like to say thank you to both the LCC and Jane who helped us out of a tricky time when we found ourselves without a Clerk over the Election period. Despite the Locum service being fairly new we received a very professional service from start to finish.” Emma Harris, Flitwick Town Council RFO and HR Officer
Click here to read out how the Locum Service helped Flitwick Town Council with a 5 month cover.
Need someone to stand in temporarily?
The LCC Locum service is delivered by our team of CiLCA qualified clerks all of whom have worked within local councils. Our Locums are employed by SLCC and we invoice your council for the number of hours worked at the agreed hourly rate, enabling the council and locum to comply with HMRC off-payroll rules. The rate charged is inclusive of Employers National Insurance, our payroll and handling costs and a payment for annual leave, making the Locum process easy for you to manage. Depending on the hourly rate, the Locum would charge LCC, costs range from £25 to £40 per hour (an all-inclusive charge).
Contact email@example.com today to discuss your requirements.
Interested in joining the Locum team? Find out more here