The National Joint Council (NJC) for local government services has agreed the new rate of pay (an increase of 1.75%) applicable from 1 April 2021. They state:
- Pay Agreement has been reached on rates of pay applicable from 1 April 2021.
- Employers are encouraged to implement this pay award as swiftly as possible.
- Backpay for employees who have left employment since 1 April 2021
- If requested by an ex-employee to do so, we recommend that employers should pay any monies due to that employee from 1 April 2021 to the employee’s last day of employment.
- When salary arrears are paid to ex-employees who were in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), the employer must inform its local LGPS fund. Employers will need to amend the CARE and final pay figures (if the ex-employee has pre-April 2014 LGPS membership) accordingly. Further detail is provided in section 15 of the HR guide which is available on the employer resources section of www.lgpsregs.org