Charitable Trusts two-part Webinar – 2 & 9 September
Session 1 – Thursday 2 September, 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Session 2 – Thursday 9 September, 2:00pm – 3:00pm
The cost for this webinar is:
SLCC Members – £60 + VAT
Non-Members – £70 + VAT
Claim 2 CPD points for attending! (one per session)
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event (please check your spam inbox) and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
This 2-part webinar will give you a wider understanding of Trusts, and guidance for the trusteeship of charities.
The following will be covered in each session:
- Nature of Trusts
- What are the requirements for a Charitable Trust?
- How is a Charitable Trust created?
- Role of the Charity Commission
- Registration with the Charity Commission or HM Revenue & Customs
- Legal personality of a Charitable Trust
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Trustees generally
- Role & responsibilities of Custodian, Holding and Management Trustees
- Duties of management & liabilities
- Winding up or amalgamating a charity
- Dealings with Property
- Village Halls & Recreation Grounds
About the Trainer
Roger Taylor is the Senior Partner of Hedleys Solicitors, a firm based in Surrey which has an extensive practice dealing with Parish and Town Councils in England. He lectures on subjects such as Common Land, Village Greens and Charitable Trusts for the SLCC and on other matters relating to the practice and procedure of Parish and Town Councils for a number of County Associations.
Wrong time? Wrong subject?
The SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please click here to complete an ‘expression of interest’.