Charitable Trusts (15 & 22 February)
The aim of this 2-part webinar is to help you gain a wider understanding of trusts, along with guidance for the trusteeship of charities.
Session one will cover:
- The nature of trusts
- How a charitable trust is created
- Registration with the Charity Commission or HM Revenue and Customs
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Requirements for a charitable trust
- Role of the Charity Commission
- Legal personality of a charitable trust
Session two will cover:
- Trustees generally
- Duties of management and liabilities
- Dealings with property
- Winding up or amalgamating a charity
- Village halls and recreation grounds
- Role and responsibilities of custodian, holding and management trustees
Wednesday 15 February, 10:00am – 11:30am
Wednesday 22 February, 10:00am – 11:30am
Members: £60 + VAT
Non-Members: £70 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending each session!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event (please check your spam inbox) and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
About the Trainer
Roger Taylor is the Senior Partner of Hedleys Solicitors, a firm based in Surrey which has an extensive practice dealing with parish and town councils in England. He lectures on subjects such as common land, village greens and charitable trusts for SLCC and on other matters relating to the practice and procedure of parish and town councils for a number of County Associations.
Wrong time? Wrong place?
SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.