How to Organise Safe & Successful Community Events – 15, 22 and 29 March
The ‘How to Organise Safe and Successful Community Events’ course is a high content session designed to give you a good grounding in how to design, plan and deliver successful events. You will get clear, logical, easy to follow advice that you can implement straight away. You will also get access to our trainer Chris’ unique 8-step event planning system (which is used to run his own events).
This training will help you to understand all the main elements of event health and safety management. Event Managers’ responsibilities are many, but one of the key roles they must undertake is to make sure they have done everything they reasonably can to ensure they deliver a safe event.
Who should attend?
Anybody involved in organising community events, e.g. voluntary groups, clubs and associations, village and community halls, charities, town and parish councils.
The course topics will include:
- Delivering your event set against the principals of The Event Expert planning process
- Researching and then delivering events your customers actually want
- Designing and positioning your event for maximum impact
- Project planning, budgeting and contracting competent contractors
- Selecting, evaluating and planning your venue
- Designing an engaging well planned event programme that your audiences will love
- Achieving great audience numbers through effective promotion
- Leading and briefing your event team
- What are your event health and safety responsibilities?
- How to organise your event planning work with safety in mind
- What the content of an Event Management Plan needs to be
- How to write a risk assessment for a public event
- How to brief your event day staff
- What to consider when planning your emergency evacuation procedures
- How to select and manage your on-site contractors
- What to do during event build up, event day and break down stages
Tuesday 15, 22 & 29 March,
Each session will run from 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Members: £90 + VAT
Non-Members: £105 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending each webinar! (3 in total)
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
About the Trainer
Chris Powell is Director of The Event Expert. Chris has been designing, planning and delivering events for 24 years. In that time he has been a local authority events manager and events director of a range of events and festivals, as well as helping a variety of organisations to deliver their events – as a freelance events manager and consultant.
For the past 20 years he has also been helping clients from the world of business, exhibitions, education, sport, the public and charity sector, training, tourism, creative agencies and festivals develop the ideas, skills and confidence to go it alone: run their own events. He specialises in providing on line, in-house and virtual webinar events training and consultancy services to accidental, occasional and professional event managers across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. His clients include some very well-known names. He’s an in demand event specialist known for his work in the business, public, charity and virtual event space.
He is a self-confessed event groupie…a lover of all things events and a student of event management; keen to know what the latest event trends are and perhaps somewhat modestly suggests he is still learning to be an event manager!
However, with some 500 events successfully completed and over 5000 events managers trained, it’s safe to say that there is not much Chris doesn’t know about the ‘how to’ of successful events.
He is a regular blogger on all things events, a speaker and author of two event planning books. Work with or listen to Chris and you will get clear, logical and easy to follow advice based on his 20+ years of practical events management experience. He does indeed practice what he preaches. He also guarantees that we’ll laugh together, share light bulb moments and create a ‘things you will want to do list.’
Wrong time? Wrong place?
SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.