How to organise safe & successful community events
The ‘How to organise successful and safe community events’ course is a high content session designed to give you a good grounding in how to design, plan and deliver successful events. You will get clear, logical, easy to follow advice that you can implement straight away. You will also get access to my unique 8-step event planning system. I use it to run my own events. Part 2 of the course will help you to understand all the main elements of event health and safety management. Event Managers responsibilities are many, but one of the key roles they must undertake is to make sure they have done everything they reasonably can to ensure they deliver a safe event.
Claim 2.5 CPD points for attending this course!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
- Delivering your event set against the principals of The Event Expert planning process
- Researching and then delivering events your customers actually want
- Designing and positioning your event for maximum impact
- Project planning, budgeting and contracting competent contractors
- Selecting, evaluating and planning your venue
- Designing an engaging well planned event programme that your audiences will love
- Achieving great audience numbers through effective promotion
- Leading and briefing your event team
- What are your event health and safety responsibilities
- How to organise your event planning work with safety in mind
- What the content of an Event Management Plan needs to be
- How to write a risk assessment for a public event
- How to brief your event day staff
- What to consider when planning you emergency evacuation procedures
- How to select and manage your on-site contractors
- What to do during event build up, event day and break down stages
Who should attend?
Anybody involved in organising community events, e.g.voluntary groups, clubs and associations, village and community halls, charities, town and parish councils.
About the Trainer
Chris Powell, the Director of The Event Expert team, has been designing, planning and delivering events for the past 20 years. He has been a local authority events manager and events director of a range of events and festivals, as well as helping a variety of organisations to deliver their events – as a freelance events manager and coach. Chris passionately believes in the value, importance and tremendous impact that great events can have in our business and private lives and as such has always been happy to help organisations and individuals deliver events they can be proud of. As an event management trainer and coach, Chris is also employed by a range of organisations and associations to deliver a variety training courses to first time event organisers, right through to experienced event professionals. With some 500 events successfully completed and over 2500 events managers trained, Chris knows a thing or two about how to deliver successful events. His event management experience covers arts and cultural events, music events, community and major festivals, sports events and business events. He is currently event manager for two business exhibitions (for the third year) with an accompanying conference and speaker programmes and an Enterprise conference. He is also event manager of the Hampshire’s Octoberfest and Works Night Out events. Recent projects have included writing event-planning toolkits for a County Council and the Rugby Football Union, London 2012 event-planning programme for Winchester City Council, Community Games programme for Hampshire County Council. He is author of ‘How to organise successful public events – a practical step by step guide to planning a successful public event’ eBook. In short, he knows about events!
Wrong time? Wrong place?
The SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.