- Non-technical description of what a .gov.uk domain is and differences between it and other domains, such as .co.uk or .org
- The benefits of using .gov.uk domains
- The minimum requirements and what to consider before changing over
- How it can be used – e.g. website & emails
- How to get a .gov.uk domain registered
- The ongoing commitments – technical and financial
Monday 4 March, 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Members: £30 + VAT
Non-Members: £35 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending this webinar!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event (please check your spam inbox) and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
About the Trainer
Mark Tomkins is the Founder and Creative Director at Aubergine, the parish & town council website experts. He is the author of the NALC Website Accessibility & Publishing Guidebook, parish councillor and ILCA qualified. A regular speaker to councils, SLCC groups and Local Council Associations on website accessibility compliance, publishing and .gov.uk related, he is one of the country’s leading experts in the field and brings his 30+ years experience in the web sector, together with many years hands-on experience as a councillor to provide guidance and advice to councils on best practice and compliant website publishing for councils.
Wrong time? Wrong place?
SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.