Introduction to Understanding Quotes, Tenders and Contract Management (24 January)
This 1-hour webinar is designed to provide council members and administrators with an introduction to the essential knowledge and practical guidance on effectively managing the procurement process (including quotes, tenders, and contracts).
It will look to discuss the following topics:
Introduction to Procurement: Understanding the Basics
- Definition and importance of procurement for town and parish councils
- Key concepts: quotes, tenders, and contracts
- Working as a group to establish procurement challenges/queries and any common themes
Preparing for Procurement
- Identifying the need for goods, services, or works
- Defining specifications and requirements
- Budgeting and financial considerations
The Quotation Process
- Overview of the quotation process
- Soliciting quotes from suppliers
- Evaluating quotes and selecting the best option
- Introduction to the tendering process
- Tender documentation and submission requirements
Evaluating and Awarding Tenders
- Assessing tender submissions
- Evaluating criteria and selection methods
- Ensuring transparency and fairness
- Importance of effective contract management
- Key elements of a contract
- Monitoring and performance evaluation
- Managing variations and disputes
Legal and Ethical Considerations
- Ensuring fairness, transparency, and equal opportunity
- Managing conflicts of interest
Wednesday 24 January, 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Members: £30 + VAT
Non-Members: £35 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending this webinar!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event (please check your spam inbox) and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
About the Trainer
Aisha Elliott is a young professional with in-depth learning and training experience. A Law graduate with qualifications in Peer Mentoring, Business Support Services and Accountancy, she is able to enhance client propositions with a broad range of skills and knowledge allowing for the provision of coaching and support to organisations that operate both publicly and corporately. Over the last five years, she has worked with a wide range of organisations offering business skills, corporate mentoring and training across a variety of sectors.
Wrong time? Wrong place?
SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.