Leadership in Action 2020
The primary training event for managers and Responsible Financial Officers (RFO’s) from councils of any size who are professionals in leadership positions or aspire to be so. The 2020 conference will take place on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th June at Chesford Grange, Kenilworth.
Topics will include:
- Extreme leadership – improve your performance without burning yourself out
- Mental health in the workplace with ACAS
- Key leadership challenges for the local council sector
- Resilient people, make resilient teams – practical strategies that promote resilience
- Unconscious bias – explore the impact of unconscious bias on individuals and teams
- Peer review
A closer look at your sessions....
We will be holding a networking BBQ on the evening of the 11th June, if you would like to join us please request this option when booking.
Leading in a stressful environment requires leaders to be calm, and most importantly, create a sense of safety that allow those being led to perform at their best.
Learning how to remain calm in stressful situations, how to make others feel safe, make decisions based on logic instead of fear are just a few things you will get from this presentation.
Challenging times requires a different kind of leadership.
Over the years, Hélio Vogas, a businessman, martial arts expert, and extreme sports enthusiast, has attended numerous conferences and motivational talks. Yet he felt that something was missing. In fact, Hélio Vogas realised that, in many cases, audiences left the auditorium without any clear idea of how to implement what they had just learned. He aimed to change that.
Instead of standing behind a podium and lecturing his audiences, Hélio Vogas uses dynamic activities with constant interaction.
Unconscious bias (UB) at work can influence decisions in recruitment, promotion, staff development and recognition and can lead to a less diverse workforce. Organisations that embrace a diverse workforce can reap numerous benefits.
By the end of this session you will have:
- A better understanding of what UB is
- Explored the impact of unconscious bias on individuals and teams
- Explored strategies for avoiding UB generally and in the workplace
- Reflected on own unconscious bias when making decisions, dealing with different groups/members of the public
- Identified key actions for changes
Resilient People Make Resilient Teams
This session will explore the practical strategies that promote resilience using discussion, presentation, group challenges and individual reflection.
Lucy Duggan, Director of Light Box Leadership, Fellow of the Wellcome Trust and a pioneer in public mental health promotion, coaches and trains companies in the UK and internationally on a variety of leadership subjects, her specialism being resilience.