Managing Village Halls – 6 September
This 1.5 hour webinar about Managing Village Halls will cover the following topics:
- Who owns the Village Hall?
- Who is actually responsible for running the Village Hall, and are the current arrangements fit for purpose?
- Sources of funding (grant funding for capital projects / hiring fees for local users – is one user becoming dominant? / commercial lettings)
- Hiring agreements (when were they last reviewed, and do hirers provide adequate insurance?)
- Employment of staff (who is the employer?)
- Compliance with current legislation (are regular checks undertaken? / are the premises fit for purpose? / health and safety)
- Looking to future requirements of the locality
Tuesday 6 September, 10:00am – 11:30am
SLCC Members – £30 + VAT
Non-Members – £35 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending this webinar!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event (please check your spam inbox) and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
About the Trainer
Roger Taylor is the Senior Partner of Hedleys Solicitors, a firm based in Surrey which has an extensive practice dealing with Parish and Town Councils in England. He lectures on subjects such as Common Land, Village Greens and Charitable Trusts for the SLCC and on other matters relating to the practice and procedure of Parish and Town Councils for a number of County Associations.
Wrong time? Wrong place?
SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.