Microsoft Excel for Beginners (PC Users): Module 2 – 13 October
This interactive webinar is ideal for those in smaller Councils who want to learn how to create and work with Excel formulas, functions, and named ranges.
There will be opportunities and time within the webinar for participation, undertaking exercises, questions and answers, to ensure you get the most from the training.
To book and attend this training, you will need to have:
- A Microsoft Windows computer / laptop that you are familiar with using
- Microsoft Excel 2016 or newer installed (this includes Excel 365)
- Microsoft Teams available on your computer, as the webinar will be delivered on this platform. (Teams is free to obtain.)
Please note that this webinar is not intended for Apple Mac users.
If you would be interested in the SLCC arranging webinar tailored specifically for using Excel on Macs, please get in touch: [email protected]
Within this 3-hour webinar, you will learn how to:
Work with Basic Calculations:
- Understand formula and function structure
- Create a simple formula
- Understand the natural order of calculation
- Understand relative and absolute references
- Create an absolute and a mixed reference
- Copy formulas and copy values only
- Use AutoSum
- Use AutoCalculate
Work with Functions:
- Function formula creation techniques
- Create basic functions, including: SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, COUNT, and COUNTA
Work with Named Ranges:
- Create range names
- Use the Go To command
- Use range names in calculations
Thursday 13 October, 9:30am – 12:30pm
The cost for this webinar is:
SLCC Members – £120 + VAT
Non-Members – £140 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
About the Trainer
Sue has been in the IT industry since 1980 and is highly experienced in defining and delivering IT End-User applications in both the public and private sectors. She has an Online Learning Facilitator certification which has enabled her to provide virtual training to various clients around the world. She also works with both classroom-based instruction and 1-2-1 coaching as well as providing assistance at the desk and floor walking.
Sue is often the Lead Trainer on projects and/or rollouts, which involves developing customised training solutions for bespoke systems and defining tailored training sessions.
She always tries to make her training sessions interactive and fun, is very enthusiastic, and always wants to encourage people to learn and get the most out her the sessions she delivers.
Wrong time? Wrong place?
SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.