National Conference 2020
Unfortunately, due to the impact of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel National Conference due to take place at Jurys Inn Hinckley Island Hotel, Leicestershire, on the 14th & 15th October 2020. We are, however, investigating the possibility of holding a virtual conference and will keep you updated on our progress.
We will continue with the annual SLCC Awards and ask you to submit your nomination(s) in the usual way. More information on the awards can be found below.
Cast Your Vote!
The SLCC’s Annual Awards celebrate the skills, dedication and professionalism of senior officers serving councils large and small throughout England and Wales.
Submit your nomination(s) and a panel appointed by the Board of Directors will determine the best three nominees in each category and the winner will be announced in October.
The various categories of awards are:
- New Clerk of the Year – presented to a clerk who has excelled in the early stages of their career. Nominees can be any clerk with less than three years’ service in the role (any clerk who entered the profession after 1st October 2016).
- Bryan Metcalf Award for Volunteering – awarded in memory of one of the SLCC’s greatest and longest serving volunteers, this award is presented to a clerk who has demonstrated exceptional voluntary service to the SLCC.
- Professional Innovation Award – awarded to recognise your SLCC’s core values, this award is presented to a clerk who has demonstrated exceptional creativity or an innovative approach in any element of the delivery of their council’s work.
- Best magazine article by a member – presented to the clerk who has contributed the best article to The Clerk magazine in the preceding year (from October 1st 2019).
- Best case study at a regional or residential event – awarded to the clerk who has presented the best-case study at an SLCC conference or Regional Training Seminar in the preceding year (from October 1st 2019).
- Long Service Award(s) – awarded to a limited number of nominees annually who have served the SLCC over an extended period. Please note that the minimum criteria for a successful nomination are: 30 years’ service as a clerk, active service to SLCC, retired or retiring between 1st June 2020 and 31st May 2021
Click here to submit your nominations.
We ask that you submit your nomination with a statement no longer than 300 words and complete it before the 1st September 2020.