New Clerk Webinar – 3 & 10 August 2022
This 2-part webinar is packed with best-practice advice, tips and information on your new role and is designed for clerks who have been clerking for 12 months or less.
The role and functions of parish, community and town councils have increased immeasurably and the roles of the modern council officer now cover a range of topics including legal and financial, publicity, events, staff supervision etc.
This New Clerk Webinar will provide you with a basic toolkit to fulfil your new managerial role and serve your community to the fullest.
- Discover how the new clerk support initiative can help you settle into your role
- Find the best way of managing your role, responsibilities and working relationships
- Understand how to compile lawful agendas including tips on writing minutes
- Create your own ‘Clerks’ Year Calendar’ containing key dates and important tasks
- Identify your learning pathway using SLCC professional development
Wednesday 3 & 10 August, 10:00am – 12:30pm
The cost for both webinars is: members £15 + VAT, non-members £20.00 + VAT
Claim 2 CPD points for attending both webinars!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event
The following topics will be discussed:
How SLCC can support you in your new role
Your roles and Responsibilities
The Clerk’s Year
Lawful Agendas & tips on writing minutes
Your SLCC Learning Pathway