Practitioners’ Conference 2021
A conference instigated by clerks for clerks and their councillors; this popular event continues to be populated by topics chosen by you and will be delivered virtually.
Don’t miss your chance to be part of the 2021 Conference taking place over three days, Tuesday 23rd, Wednesday 24th & Thursday 25th February 2021.
A unique blend of alternative workshops all of direct practical relevance to parish, community and town councils:
- Set yourself free from subconscious bias
- Exercise your mind to become resilient to tasks, events, people & negatively
- Is your community missing out? Discover the grants & funding opportunities
- What is diversity? What is takes to make your council diverse
- Identify lost rights of way to ensure they are not lost forever!
- All you need to know about the GPoC Regulations in Wales
- Have a more positive social media presence & manage negative comments
- Common issues & legislative requirements for those working in cemeteries
Full agenda will be launched soon! More session information can be found below.
What’s in it for you?
- Choose your sessions – pick from a range of sessions to develop your own learning agenda
- Tailored content – the mix of online workshops & plenary sessions will include relevant advice for clerks in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic as well as guidance covering funding, communications, regulations & more!
- CPD points – accrue CPD points to increase your knowledge as well as building your CPD log
- Join your colleagues – meet up with your colleagues in the virtual networking session to share your experiences, learn from fellow clerks or just meet up with friends
- Save time – the online delivery means there is no travel time plus you can learn from the comfort of your home or office!
Three days of training for only £75 + VAT members or £199 + VAT non-members.
Member price for non-members – bring along a fellow clerk, officer or councillor and get their non-member place for £75 + VAT!
Clerks in Wales – you could be eligible for a bursary towards 50% of the cost. Click here to find out more.
How do I book & register?
Book the event here, we’ll email you confirmation of the booking and send you the digital delegate pack before the event begins.
Included in your pack will be the agenda containing the Zoom links to register, register for every session before the conference begins. To register, simply click the registration link next to the session name and complete your details, you will then be sent a Zoom link which will allow you to join the session at the allotted time.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A closer look at your sessions....
Diversity, not so Black & White
Becky Walsh, Communications Officer, Weston-super-Mare Town Council
Becky’s session will cover ‘What is diversity?’
• How bias gets into our subconscious and how to become free.
• Square peg in a round hole? Why shaving your sides to fit in is not the answer.
• Why a diverse organisation is a strong organisation.
• Why racists don’t know they are being racist.