Project Management Webinar
As the devolution agenda moves forward, councils are increasingly finding services and assets transferred to them often with little in the way of follow up support. Ensuring this transfer is achieved successfully and with the minimum disruption to the user community requires careful management. Equally, internal change initiatives to improve performance or reduce costs present challenges to achieve effective results.
Project Management provides a toolbox to facilitate the planning and coordinated execution of activities to achieve targeted outcomes within deadlines and budgeted costs.
This 3-part webinar will take place on Tuesday 1st, 8th & 15th June, 2:00pm – 3:00pm
SLCC Members – £90 + VAT
Non-Members – £105 + VAT
Claim 3 CPD points! (one for each session)
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event (please check your spam inbox) and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
You will learn:
- To know and understand the principal phases of a project, including definition, planning, implementation and completion.
- To learn about a range of techniques and tools to plan, monitor and control the project.
- To understand and define project team roles.
- To understand the role and function of a project manager.
- To understand a range of project setting, monitoring and evaluation methods.
- To learn how to deal with project challenges and manage risk.
- To enable you to collect the information and evidence to show how your project has succeeded in meeting its aims and objectives.
About the Trainer
Patricia Marks is a highly client focused and commercially astute senior business professional specialising in business development and project management, significant experience of working with public, private and third sector organisations and a proven record of accomplishment in the successful delivery of programmes and development projects within the areas of employment, education, charity, healthcare, business, environment and agriculture.
Acknowledged as a confident and persuasive communicator, with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships, both internally and externally, I have considerable experience of leading and motivating effective teams and providing training, coaching and mentoring to enable the attainment of both personal and company goals and objectives.
Wrong time? Wrong subject?
The SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.