Microsoft Publisher for Beginners – PC Users (18 January)
This webinar is ideal for new and novice users of Microsoft Publisher, who wish to be able to create and edit text and image rich publications (both from scratch and using pre-formed templates).
Please note that this webinar is not intended for Apple Mac users.
If you would be interested in the SLCC organising webinars around using different Microsoft (or other) software, please get in touch with our Training and Development Officer, Natasha: [email protected]
To book and attend this training, you will need to have:
- A Microsoft Windows computer / laptop that you are familiar with using
- Be able to use a mouse, keyboard and navigate around File Explorer
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word is recommended, though not essential
- Microsoft Office 2016 or newer installed (this includes Microsoft Office 365)
- Microsoft Teams available on your computer, as the webinar will be delivered on this platform. (Teams is free to obtain.)
- What is Publisher and what can you use it for?
- Understand the interface
- Get help
- Open, save and close a file
Creating a File from a Template:
- Select a pre-formed template
- Choose a colour and font scheme
Creating a File from Blank / Scratch:
- Create a new blank publication
- Create your own colour / font schemes
- Set margins and guides
- Insert blank pages
- Delete unwanted pages
- Change page orientation
- Insert page numbers
- Set headers and footers
- Work with a master page
Working with Images:
- Insert image files
- Manipulate images
- Add borders and effects
- Replace and delete image files
Working with Text:
- Create a text frame
- Insert and manipulate text
- Format text and apply styles
- Insert special characters
- Run spell checker
- Insert and manipulate a table
- Format table cells
Finalising a Publication:
- Set up for print
- Output to PDF
Wednesday 18 January, 9:30am – 12:30pm
SLCC Members: £120 + VAT
Non-Members: £140 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event (please check your spam inbox) and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
About the Trainer
Lynne began training in 1987 as a Commercial Skills Instructor. Since 1990 Lynne has dedicated her career to delivering a variety of end-user software applications from both Adobe and Microsoft.
Specialising in documentation, she has delivered training around the world both face-to-face and in the past two years, online via zoom and teams.
She has been involved in many projects and rollouts in both the public and private sectors, designing and delivering both scheduled and bespoke courses and one-to-one coaching sessions. She has also created accompanying course materials.
Lynne always tries to make her training sessions relevant, interactive, and fun. She is very enthusiastic and always encourages people to learn and in doing so, to take an active part in the sessions she delivers.
Wrong time? Wrong place?
SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.