Safe & successful events webinar
The aim of this workshop is to give delegates the outline skills and confidence to design, plan and deliver exciting but ‘safe’ public events. This webinar will help you understand all the key elements of event planning and event health and safety management. It is relevant to all types of community events – sports, arts, cultural, hobby, fund raising, historical and village/parish fetes and fairs.
The ‘How to organise successful and safe community events’ webinar is a high content session delivered over three days, and is designed to give you a good grounding in how to design, plan and deliver successful events. You will get clear, logical, easy to follow advice that you can implement straight away. You will also get access to my unique 8-step event planning system. I use it to run my own events.
SLCC Members – £90 + VAT
Non-Members – £105 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending each webinar!
- Introduction, welcome, course objectives, styles of events
- Purpose: creating events…that will work: pre-event market research, market analysis, identifying resource implications, audience profiling
- Presentation: Creating and designing an event that excites! Agreeing a look, style and format, event design, evaluating and selecting the best ideas, aim and objective setting and event briefs.
- Event planning: event project plans, budgeting, picking your event team, selecting competent contractors, setting a date, insurances, event planning meetings and contracts
- Place: setting venue criteria, searching and evaluating outdoor events venues, site visits, preparing an event site plan,
- Programme: Designing an event programme that’s excites, booking acts, entertainment and speakers, event catering, encouraging participation, setting event timings.
- Promotion: Creating compelling copy, using a variety of promotional media on and off line, calls to action, social media, event websites, ticketing/registrations
- Production: Delivering your event, operational plans, managing your suppliers and entertainment, registration desks, joining instructions, risk assessments and event management and emergency planning overview
- People: It’s show time, leading your events teams, staff briefing, event evaluation and return.
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event and your invoice will be sent 5 days after the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
About the Trainer
Chris Powell, the Director of The Event Expert team, has been designing, planning and delivering events for the past 20 years. He has been a local authority events manager and events director of a range of events and festivals, as well as helping a variety of organisations to deliver their events – as a freelance events manager and coach. Chris passionately believes in the value, importance and tremendous impact that great events can have in our business and private lives and as such has always been happy to help organisations and individuals deliver events they can be proud of. As an event management trainer and coach, Chris is also employed by a range of organisations and associations to deliver a variety training courses to first time event organisers, right through to experienced event professionals.
Wrong time? Wrong subject?
The SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please let us know.