Leadership in Action 2021
The primary training event for managers and Responsible Financial Officers (RFO’s) from councils of any size who are professionals in leadership positions or aspire to be so will take place virtually on Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th June 2021.
This Conference will provide specific and intensive management training featuring a panel of expert speakers. Be prepared for an in-depth, all-encompassing experience which will call on delegates to be entirely focused throughout the two-day delivery.
Attend the event to:
- Discover practical strategies to become a resilient manager & leader
- Explore the new model Code of Conduct & how it will work in practice
- Learn the art of negotiation including the skills, tactics, competencies & how to close a deal
- Address the key leadership challenges for the local council sector
- Learn new ways of collaborating effectively to deliver great results
- Uncover the challenges of a new council with the case study of Cranbrook Town Council
- And much more!
What’s in it for you?
- Choose your sessions – pick from a range of sessions to develop your own learning agenda
- Tailored content – the plenary sessions will provide specific guidance to those currently in (or aspiring) leadership positions.
- CPD points – accrue CPD points to increase your knowledge as well as building your CPD log. To be eligible to claim the full 4 CPD points you will need to have attended at least 10 sessions, i.e. 5 sessions per day over 2 days. CPD points are self-awarded.
- Join your colleagues – meet up with your colleagues in the virtual networking session to share your experiences, learn from fellow clerks or just meet up with friends
- Save time – the online delivery means there is no travel time plus you can learn from the comfort of your home or office!
Two days of intensive management training for £75 + VAT members or £199 + VAT non-members.
Member price for non-members discount – bring along a fellow clerk, officer or councillor and get their non-member place for £75 + VAT!
Clerks in Wales – you could be eligible for a bursary towards 50% of the cost. Click here to find out more.
How do I book & register?
Book the event here, we’ll email you confirmation of the booking and send you the digital delegate pack before the event begins.
Included in your pack will be the agenda containing the Zoom links to register, register for every session before the conference begins. To register, simply click the registration link next to the session name and complete your details, you will then be sent a Zoom link which will allow you to join the session at the allotted time.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A closer look at your sessions...
Creative Collaboration for Our Time
Penny Pullan, Keynote Speaker
Do you face the challenge of running really effective meetings, workshops or sessions as a clerk? Would you like to feel even more confident when working with challenging groups or senior individuals? Would it be good to be really competent and productive whether in-person, virtual or hybrid?
Dr Penny Pullan, expert on collaboration and author of ‘Virtual Leadership’, will close the conference by introducing ideas from her upcoming book: ‘Making Workshops Work: Creative Collaboration for Our Time’. She’ll explore how to take an initial idea or brief, through step-by-step preparation, to an engaging, well-run, effective session resulting in agreed actions and clear follow up. Feel competent and confident as you deliver great results, with everyone committed to their actions afterwards, whether meeting virtually, face-to-face or a hybrid of the two.
Mental Health in Leadership
Becky Walsh, Personal Power Specialist, Beckywalsh.com
The World Health Organisation (WHO) defines mental health as ‘a state of well-being in which every individual realises his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community.’
Anything from sleep problems, fatigue, irritability, worry, stress, depression and anxiety can hold you back from being that person. In this webinar, we will look at how our perceptions of ourselves can cause these symptoms. You will discover the thoughts and voices in our minds (subpersonalities), and how to control the less helpful ones like the inner critic and build new ones that make you a resilient leader.
Resilient People, Make Resilient Teams
Lucy Duggan, Managing Director and Fellow of the Wellcome Trust, Lightbox Management Training
How do we create resilience at the times we need it most?
What’s needed to lead ourselves and others through challenging circumstances?
The global events of 2020, as they’ve unfolded, make these questions more pertinent than ever.
In this one-hour workshop, using a multi-disciplinary perspective including evolutionary biology, neuroscience, positive psychology research, philosophy and Gestalt psychotherapy principles, Lucy Duggan, will invite you to explore the human mind and the many ways in which you can reconnect to strength.