Virtual Training Seminar – September 2021
Join this one-day virtual event for training focused around the ‘Clerks’ Year Calendar’ to support you with important tasks for the upcoming months such as:
- Preparing your 2022/23 budget
- Using social media to support your work as a council
- Your advisory service FAQ’s answered including councillor non-attendance & recording apologies
- Tips for running a health & wellbeing project
- Essential measures to protect your council against cyber threats
- And more!
The event will take place using Zoom.
Delegates will be sent the Zoom link to access the training day a week before the event begins.
8th September 2021, 10:00am – 4:00pm
Members: £45 + VAT
Non-members: £90 + VAT
Bring along a fellow clerk, officer or councillor and get their non-member place for £45 + VAT!
Attend this event and log 2.5 CPD points!
Using Social Media to Support Your Work
In this session, you will discover:
- How you can use social media to deliver key messages to your community
- How to meet your council objectives using social media
- Increasing positive interaction on social media with your community
- Using social media to promote events
Sam Flynn, Sam Flynn, Managing Director, Sam Flynn Social Media, has been training businesses in the use of social media for over 9 years. Sam has a background in business psychology and she uses this a lot in her training to help businesses understand how to build relationships with their online audience.
She speaks regularly at events worldwide about achieving success on social media. And has written the ‘Social Media Super Success’ book.
Tips for running a health & wellbeing project
Find out how to run a successful health and wellbeing project with Vanessa Lowe FSLCC, Clerk to Alcester Town Council.
Vanessa will provide examples of the health and wellbeing projects undertaken in Alcester, including her tips for making your project a success and things to avoid from the lessons she has learnt.
Preparing your 2022/23 budget
Lisa Roberts PSLCC, SLCC Advisor & Clerk to Bosham Parish Council, explains how to prepare your 2022/23 budget.
Budgets are a tool to assist us in planning the financial layout for a defined period, and thus can help us in the important annual task of Precept setting. This can be a daunting prospect if you have never done one, but at the end of the this session you should feel confident in starting the process with your council.
- The rules on precept setting Vs budget setting
- Why set a budget?
- What goes into a budget?
- Getting started
- Management, review & forecasting
Cyber Security Essentials
David Astwood, Customer Support, Microshade VSM, Event Sponsor
David will discuss common cyber threats facing local councils of all sizes and the essential measures clerks can put into place to stay safe.
Advice Service FAQs
Lisa Roberts PSLCC and Robert Foulke, SLCC Advisors, will cover some of the common queries put to the advisory team such as:
- Clearing up the confusion between Parish Meeting, Annual Assembly and Annual Parish Meetings
- Councillor non-attendance and recording apologies
- Plus so much more!
How to Achieve Skate Park Success
Find out how to coordinate and manage a skate park project with Rosemary Smart PSLCC, Clerk to Earls Barton Parish Council.
This session will cover:
- Liaising with a project/group or working party
- Engaging stakeholders and the community
- The costs involved and fundraising opportunities
- Procuring the contractors
- Tips for a successful project
- Overcoming additional challenges such as the pandemic!