Water Compliance and Legionella Control – 24 September
Friday 24 September, 10:00am – 11:30am
The cost for this webinar is:
SLCC Members – £50 + VAT
Non-Members – £60 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event (please check your spam inbox) and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
It is an HSE legal requirement for staff to be aware of their responsibilities in Legionella Control Code of Practice for any buildings where they are responsible for the public.
The training includes:
- Background to Legionella Bacteria
- The Law and UK Legislation and your responsibilities
- Penalties, Fines and Imprisonment – Corporate Manslaughter
- Where Legionella Occurs
- What you have to do to comply with the Law
- Identify the medical objectives of the Risk Assessments
- Recognise how legionella causes problems in water systems
- Understand the risks and the organisation reporting lines of communication
- The importance of keeping records and the format and layout of written reports
- Keeping a log register and making sure it is accurate
The log books will be supplied to you along with a recommendation of where to get the thermometer and how to manage and maintain all the requirement needs to be compliant.
This will allow you (as the duty holder) to know how things work without getting too technical and be able to make the decision on whether to manage this in house, making a substantial saving, or outsource it instead.
Wrong time? Wrong subject?
The SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please click here to complete an ‘expression of interest’.