Getting the Best from your WordPress-based Website Webinar – 13th April
Tuesday 13th April, 2:00pm – 3:30pm
The cost for this webinar is:
SLCC Members – £30 + VAT
Non-Members – £35 + VAT
Claim 1 CPD point for attending!
Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event (please check your spam inbox) and your invoice will be sent before the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
In this webinar, we’re going to provide some guidance and training for getting the best out of your WordPress-based website.
WordPress is the world’s most popular and usable web admin system, but most website owners don’t get the best out of it as there aren’t any manuals and they often get stuck with not wanting the mess up a live website. With website accessibility compliance now a requirement for all councils, how best to approach using WordPress as your website will be discussed.
The session is aimed at those who have WordPress websites and have been using it, but need to hone and improve their knowledge to get the best out of the system.
- Page set up, adding, removing, editing – what tools to use
- Best practice page content management
- How to add download files correctly (with accessibility requirements in mind)
- How to add images correctly (with accessibility requirements in mind)
- Correct use of headings on a webpage and how to set them up
- Forms – how to use them and what to bear in mind when it comes to accessibility
- User control – how to control who has access
- WordPress themes – what are they?
- Plugins – what you should look out for
- Dangers & security
About the Trainer
Mark Tomkins is the creative director and founder of Aubergine, a national multi-award-winning web agency based in Bedfordshire, with offices in Central London and Milton Keynes. He, together with the team of 10 designers and web developers, have designed and built thousands of websites, many of which based on the WordPress platform. He brings more than 30 years knowledge in the web industry together with a foundation of knowledge as a parish councillor in his private life to provide practical and helpful advice for using this platform.
Wrong time? Wrong subject?
The SLCC is always keen to respond to members’ needs for training. If you would like to register an interest in having a particular course delivered via webinar or in your region, please click here to complete an ‘expression of interest’.