County: Working from Home
Salary: £8,800 to £10,400 per annum (2 days a week)
Closing date: 20/09/2020
EDGE are looking for somebody who enjoys IT and would like to join a Team that is passionate about supplying the best possible IT and software for local councils, cemeteries and crematoria.
We are an innovative IT company that develops, supplies and uses cloud based technology.
Your primary role will be to do financial administration for the 3 companies in the group and you would report to the financial controller. Everybody in the EDGE team provides product support for 2 or more of our 10 software modules, two of which you will be using to do the financial administration. You will also be supporting the sales and marketing activities of EDGE IT Systems Limited.
The role is 2 days a week (09:00 to 17:00 with 30 minute lunch break) and there may be the option to increase the number of days in the future.
You can work from anywhere in the UK or Ireland, or from our Coventry office, and experience of either local councils, cemeteries or crematoria would be advantageous.
If you have the required experience, we can train you in everything else.
EDGE supply IT solutions and software designed for the management of town and parish councils, cemeteries and crematoria:
- EDGE develop their own software as a service (SaaS) products that they host in their own data centre
- There are 10 modules supplied under the AdvantEDGE and Epitaph brands
- Clients can use products on any device with an internet connection, i.e. laptop, desktop, tablet, mobile running either Windows, Apple iOS or Android
- Products are Microsoft Window applications with complementary mobile apps and portals
Further details are available on our website https://www.edgeITsystems.com
- Use AdvantEDGE Finance software to manage sales invoices, receipts, purchase orders, payments and bank reconciliations
- Use AdvantEDGE Service Manager to manage invoicing of chargeable jobs from timesheets
- Work as an effective member of the EDGE team who due to the pandemic are currently all working from home
- Answer phone calls and process company emails
- Provide cover for other members of staff who will in turn provide cover for you
- Provide application support to clients for EDGE software products
- Provide support by phone, email, Microsoft Teams and remote control of client sessions
- Use AdvantEDGE Service Manager to manage jobs and timesheets
2 days a week
- 09:00 to 17:00 with 30 minute lunch break
- 3 years experience in finance administration and bookkeeping
- 3 A Levels or equivalent Level 3 qualifications
- GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent Level 2 qualifications
- IT proficient
- Willingness to keep learning about new IT technology
- Confident on phone and willingness to become proficient in video conference calls
- Experienced user of Microsoft Windows and either Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Office
- Administration experience in Local Councils, cemeteries or crematoria
- Experience of using either the AdvantEDGE or Epitaph software
- Level 4 and above preferred (HNC and above)
- Level 3 (A Levels or equivalent)
- Level 2 (GCSEs or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Anywhere in UK or Ireland
- If you live in Coventry area then there is a desk for you in the Coventry office if you prefer
- The 7 EDGE staff are distributed with 5 in Coventry, 1 in Basingtoke and 1 in Exeter
- During the pandemic all EDGE staff based in the Coventry office/ data centre are either working from home (WFH) or working from anywhere (WFA)
Working from Home (WFH) requirements:
- Reliable and responsive internet connection
- A modern laptop or desktop computer
- EDGE will provide: noise cancelling headset, webcam, external screen(s), wireless keyboard and mouse.
You will need to organise a quiet location to work from that is conducive to providing a professional service.
Salary: £8,800 to £10,400 (based on full time salary between £22,000 and £26,000)
Questions? contact Chris Edge via chris@edgeITsystems.com
Early applications are welcome but must be returned by 20th September 2020
Please note the position will be closed earlier if suitable applications are received