Council: Meopham Parish Council
Salary: Ranging from £10,896-£11,661 (SCP 13-17) per annum (15 hours per week)
Closing date: 08/02/2024 09:00
Fixed-term contract for 12 months, with option to become permanant from month 9 subject to satisfactory performance reviews
The Assistant Clerk to Meopham Parish Council will assist and support the Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer and the Deputy Clerk in the delivery of the Council’s administration and services. The Assistant Clerk will take responsibility for providing administrative support to the Council in fulfilling its planning consultee role.
The role is for 15 hours per week, to include required attendance at a monthly evening meeting. Ideally candidates will hold or be willing to work towards a minimum of the Introduction to Local Council Administration (ILCA) qualification.
The salary, for this office-based role, is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience, ranging from £10,896-£11,661 (SCP 13-17) per annum.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Opportunity for hybrid working (subject to needs of the Council and with permission of the Clerk)
- Paid professional membership of the Society of Local Council Clerks
- Training and Development Opportunities, including to complete the ILCA qualification (if not already achieved)
- 25 days of annual leave per annum (pro rata) plus bank holidays
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter marked as ‘Assistant Clerk vacancy’ to the Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer; Shaun Fishenden PSLCC on [email protected]. Enquiries about the role should also be directed to this email address.
The closing deadline for applications is 9am on Thursday 8 February 2024