Council: Kennington Parish Council
Salary: NJC Scale Points 18-23 (£25,419 - £28,226 pro rata; actual salary £15,114 - £16,783), depending on skills and experience
Closing date: 01/07/2022
Applications are invited for the position of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to Kennington Parish Council. This is a permanent, part-time position for 22 hours per week, working from home and to include some evening meetings, including monthly Parish Council meetings. The Clerk provides administrative support to the Council, and is the Responsible Financial Officer, with the administration of Council finances.
- Managing the monthly meetings of the Council including preparing the agenda, taking the minutes, monitoring actions and decisions. There will also be attendance of meetings for committees.
- Ensuring all planning applications are considered at the Planning Committee meetings and submitting responses to the District Council.
- Managing the Parish Council’s finances, preparing the monthly accounts and reconciliation, payment of invoices, banking, end of year accounts, submission of accounts for external audit, VAT reclaim on a quarterly basis, preparing for budget review and precept.
- Managing a number of village contracts and any other goods and services as may be required from time to time by the Council.
- Dealing with a variety of correspondence and public notices.
Candidates must possess a high standard of oral and written communication skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office software (particularly Word and Excel), be capable of working independently without supervision and have the ability to deal with a range of issues. Experience in a similar role or knowledge of local councils would be an advantage but is not essential. This position is paid at NJC Scale Points 18-23 (£25,419 – £28,226 pro rata; actual salary £15,114 – £16,783), depending on skills and experience.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 1 July 2022.
Interviews will be held in early July.
A job description and person specification are available on the website here.
Please contact the Chairman or Clerk if you have any questions.
Chairman: Colin Charlett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01865 326797, 07790 702379.
Clerk: Rachel Brown, email@example.com, 01865 421126.