Council: Bexhill-on-Sea Parish Council
County: East Sussex
Salary: LC4 SCP 50 – 62 (£55,684 - £77,783) plus LG Pension Scheme (Dependent on experience and qualifications)
Closing date: 17/05/2021
LC4 scp 50 – 62 (£55,684 – £77,783) plus LG Pension Scheme – Dependent on experience and qualifications, it is unlikely the initial appointment will exceed £60,000 p.a. in the first year but the role offers the prospect of accelerated progression as additional responsibilities and services are adopted by the new council.
Are you looking for an Exciting Challenge?
On 1st April 2021 a brand-new council representing the seaside town of Bexhill-on-Sea was created, with its first councillors being elected on 6th May 2021. Are you up to the challenge of providing this new council with the expertise that it needs and deserves? The population of Bexhill is just over 43,000 and is split between 9 distinct wards and with a first-year budget of £371,765.
Initially, Rother District Council is automatically transferring five allotment sites but it is anticipated that many more services will be transferred in the future and it will be your responsibility to lead the council through this process. One of the first duties will be to engage with the whole community in a Visioning Exercise to enable the council to understand the needs and aspirations of its residents and thus produce a Business Plan for the council.
The council will be looking for a clerk who can lead the council towards achieving its ambitions.
The successful applicant will:
- Have current local government experience.
- Fully understand the role of a local council and have experience managing the formal administration of a council.
- Be appropriately qualified or gain CiLCA within one year of joining the council.
- Have experience of working with all levels within local government as well as local businesses, the police and other organisations.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in managing staff (including a direct labour force) and external contractors.
- Be able to represent the council at many events including social occasions.
- Be an excellent communicator able to reflect the council in a positive manner at all times.
- Be available to attend all meetings of the council and its committees which are held in the evenings.
For more information and an application pack please contact: Bexhillclerk@gmail.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 17th May 2021.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on 1st /2nd June 2021.