Council: Kingsmead Parish Council
Salary: In accordance with the NALC/SLCC Pay Scale (LC2 SCP 24 - 28)
Closing date: 15/01/2021
Kingsmead Parish Council is seeking applications for the position of Clerk and RFO.
The post is part-time, initially for a period of 20 hours per week, mainly working from home. Working hours are flexible but the post holder must be able to attend the monthly council meetings. We offer excellent terms and conditions of employment. Annual salary is paid in accordance with the National Association of Local Councils and Society of Local Council (NALC/SLCC) Pay Scale (LC2 SCP 24 – 28). There is no requirement for the post holder to live within the parish.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the parish council conducts its business lawfully;
- Administering the council’s financial affairs and keeping proper records;
- Attending all council meetings (the third Monday evening of each month);
- Attending Finance Committee meetings (quarterly);
- Ensuring that meeting papers are promptly prepared;
- Managing communications with other councils and other organisations, and
- Managing communications between councillors, Members of the Public & circulation of correspondence received.
- Managing contracts with suppliers.
Applicants should be computer-literate, experienced in the management of accounts and have proven organisational and administrative skills. Experience in local government is desirable as is suitable relevant qualifications. Full training will be given where required.
Further details of the role, including a job description and person specification, may be obtained from:
Cheshire Association of Local Councils
Park View Business Centre
Tel: 01948 871314
To apply please send your completed application form by Friday 15th January 2020.