Council: Stratton St Margaret Parish Council
Salary: SCP 50 - £55,684 per annum, 37 hours per week (including occasional weekends and regular evening meeting attendance)
Closing date: 23/04/2021
We are currently recruiting for a full time and permanent Clerk and RFO based in Stratton St Margaret.
The Clerk to the Council is required to act as Head of Paid Service, implementing the decisions and policies of the council within the Scheme of Delegation. To oversee the management of the parish council. Carry out the statutory duties of a Proper Officer (as required by the Local Government Act 1972), guiding and assisting the council in the fulfilment of its legal and financial obligations. The clerk will be the Responsible Finance Officer and responsible for all financial records of the council and the careful administration of its finances. The main duties include the following:
- Strategic Development of Services for the Community – to implement the council’s Corporate Decisions and ensure they are reviewed at the appropriate time.
- Strategic Planning – to work closely with key stakeholders to ensure that the Vision for Stratton St Margaret as set out in council Policies and a Neighbourhood Plan is delivered and meet the parish council’s strategic planning objectives and the needs and aspirations of the community.
- Community Development – to oversee the development and management of a network of community facilities in the parish in line with council Policy.
- Economic Development – to develop further opportunities with the business community, including inward investment and the promotion of Stratton St Margaret. To represent the parish council on outside bodies and assist with the facilitation of Civic functions and events.
- Asset Management – responsible for the management, maintenance and development of council land, equipment and buildings.
- Project Management – to research projects for consideration by council, including feasibility, funding, future management and resourcing. Once approved, to ensure the project plan is adhered to and the project delivered.
- People Management – to lead and manage the Senior Management Team and develop the skills and effectiveness of each member of the team.
- Proper Officer – carry out the statutory duties of a Proper Officer (as required by the Local Government Act 1972), guiding and assisting the council in the fulfilment of its legal and financial obligations.
- Management of the parish council’s business – to issue notices and prepare Agendas and Minutes for all meetings held by the council and attend council meetings, meetings of the Committees (as appropriate) and the Annual Parish Assembly. Ensure that all matters arising are dealt with.
It is (E) Essential (D) Desirable that applicants have the following:
D – Degree level and/or professional qualification and/or management qualification and/or relevant experience
E – CiLCA Certificate in Local Council Administration
E – High level/Advance computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office
D – Previous experience of OMEGA is desirable
E – Deep understanding of Local Government legislation
E – Previous experience of being a Parish or Town Clerk is essential
E – Previous Senior Management experience essential
Full details of this role, including the Job Description can be found on the Parish Council website here.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to Amy Loxton, Deputy Clerk and HR Officer: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 23 April 2021