Council: Arborfield & Newland Parish Council
Salary: NALC SCP LC2 - 24-28 £28,672 - £32,234 pa (pro-rata) depending on skills and experience (Circa 28 hours per week)
Closing date: 30/07/2021 16:00
Could you be our next Parish Clerk?
- NALC SCP LC2 – 24-28 £28,672 – £32,234 pa (pro-rata) depending on skills and experience
- Circa 28 hours per week
- Flexible working pattern to be agreed
Arborfield & Newland Parish Council is advertising the position of Clerk to the Council/Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) and is currently inviting applications for this role based in the Parish Council Office in Arborfield Village Hall.
The role includes:
- Advising the parish council to ensure that it acts within its powers and in accordance with local government legislation and to make sure that correct procedures are followed in all the council’s decision-making processes.
- Preparing agendas and producing minutes in respect of council and committee meetings, acting out approved decisions, liaising with contractors, Wokingham Borough Council and residents on various matters relating to the council’s activities.
- Overseeing the maintenance of the parish council’s assets including Arborfield Park which includes a playground, pavilion building, commemorative trees and a football pitch, Pound Copse (a Wildlife Woodland site), the maintenance of the old churchyard at Hall Farm, bus shelters, streetlights, notice boards, benches and a phone kiosk used as a book lending library.
- Line manager for the Pavilion Caretaker
We are looking for:
- Someone who is a confident communicator, self-motivated and able to multitask with close attention to detail in all their work. Previous administrative experience is essential.
- Applicants must demonstrate good organization, communication and IT skills together with administering, keeping and reporting adequate financial records for the council.
- Previous local government knowledge along with CiLCA qualification, however training will be provided. A commitment to achieving CiLCA together with knowledge of Arborfield will be a definite advantage.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 4pm on Friday 30th July 2021. Interviews are planned for week commencing Monday 9th August 2021.