Council: Barrow Parish Council
Salary: To be discussed at interview and will depend on experience
Closing date: 29/10/2021
Part Time – Approx 10-12 Hours Per Week
Hours of work will be flexible and subject to workload and the parish council meetings’ schedule.
Ideally, applicants will have prior experience as a Parish Council Clerk. The successful applicant must be a first-class administrator with excellent communication and financial skills.
The Clerk will be required to:
- Ensure that statutory and other provisions affecting the running of the parish council are observed and obligations for risk assessment are properly met.
- Prepare the agendas, attend all formal meetings of the parish council and the Parish Meeting of Barrow and prepare the minutes thereof.
- Attend all meetings and conferences as may be necessary for the proper discharge of duties.
- Receive correspondence on behalf of the parish council and deal with the items or bring them to the attention of the parish council promptly.
- Keep safely and conveniently in secure but accessible custody all deeds, plans, records, letters, writings and other documents of or concerning the parish council or its staff.
- Keep all financial records of the parish council, make payments of invoices, wages, VAT and PAYE, monitor and balance the parish council’s accounts and prepare records for audit purposes.
- Carry out checks on parish council owned defibrillators.
- Update the parish council’s website and notice boards, as required.
- Act as the representative of the parish council, as required.
Salary to be discussed at interview and will depend on experience.
Applications to be made using the application pack that can be downloaded from the website: www.barrowparishcouncil.org.uk
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 29 October 2021 with interviews to be held end early November 2021.
For further information please contact the Chair, Cllr Jean Brown on 01254 822851 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the website.