Council: Abingdon Town Council
Salary: SCP 18 – 23, £24,982 - £27,741 (Full time - 36 ½ Hours per week)
Closing date: 22/10/2020 17:00
Abingdon Town Council is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed individual to join the small team at its Roysse Court Offices.
The postholder will supervise a team of three people and be responsible for ensuring comprehensive management of all town council and committee meetings (including publishing agendas and drafting minutes) with responsibility for all administrative requirements of the council other than that undertaken by the Town Clerk’s PA and Mayor’s Secretary. The postholder will be a specialist in governance and meetings and be responsible for ensuring that council decisions are managed into the management system.
- To undertake any other duties, as directed by the Deputy Town Clerk.
- To ensure that the council’s vision, values, key objectives and agreed policies guide, govern and are integral to all actions, recommendations and decisions in relation to the postholder’s responsibilities.
- To prepare reports and for the council and its committees, as directed by the Deputy Town Clerk.
- To undertake training and development as directed by the Deputy Town Clerk.
- To observe and implement all relevant health and safety standards and rules.
- To attend and participate in all relevant internal and external meetings in connection with the responsibilities of the post.
- To ensure that the council’s various policies, procedures, financial regulations and standing orders are adhered to in carrying out all tasks and duties, including adherence to the council’s Code of Practice relating to confidentiality.
Or e-mail email@example.com for paper copies.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd October (5pm). Interviews will take place during week commencing 2nd November 2020 and it is anticipated that the appointees will take up the posts as soon as possible.