Council: Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Association of Local Councils
Salary: SCP 35 – 39, £38,890 – £42,821 FTE (pay award pending), depending on the applicant’s qualification and experience
Closing date: 16/12/2021
The current County Officer is retiring so an exciting opportunity has arisen to join a well-established County Association and team based in Aylesbury but with flexible working from home on agreement from the Executive Board. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join the team who is forward thinking and will develop the Association over the coming years.
Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Association of Local councils is a not for profit organisation representing its member councils in the geographical area of Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes. Presently we have 95% membership from parish and town councils. The Association represents a diverse range of councils and parish meetings, ranging from rural villages to more urban communities and are committed to finding innovative ways to enhance our service and member benefits.
- Role is a minimum of 30 hours per week with potential for full time
- Some evening work necessary, with time off in lieu
- Salary: SCP 35 – 39, £38,890 – £42,821 FTE (pay award pending), depending on the applicant’s qualification and experience
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Leave in line with the NJC provisions
- Location – County Hall. Aylesbury but flexible working arrangements will be considered
As County Officer your role will include for example:
- Advise and support member councils, this requires an understanding of the framework within which local councils work
- Liaise with the National Association of Local Councils, Unitary Authorities, and member councils
- Organise and deliver training courses via internal and external organisations
- Manage a team of two
- Service BMKALC committees – production of agenda, minutes etc
- Financial management of the Association
- Increase membership of BMKALC
Interviews will take place on Thursday 16 December 2021.
JD and person specification available, please phone or email: Carole Burslem, County Officer on Carole@bucksalc.gov.uk or 07875 694 465.
Please apply either in writing or by email, including a CV and outlining reasons for applying