Council: Chippenham Town Council
Salary: Spinal Column Point 12 to 17 (Salary: £22,183 to £24,4910
Closing date: 12/07/2021 12:00
“Chippenham Town Council is an ambitious and progressive council, CTC’s ambition and innovation abounds” LGA Corporate Peer Challenge 2019.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual for this post based within the busy and exciting Democratic Services team. As part of the team, you will have a vital role to play in supporting the council’s decision-making process. The ideal candidate should be a well organised administrator, have a good command of English, display energy and enthusiasm, and have the ability to work as part of a small team. The post holder will also need to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of political sensitivity.
This role is open to recent graduates or candidates with relevant administrative experience to assist the Head of Democratic Services. The post offers opportunities for training to help you develop and progress your career. An understanding or experience of the Modern.gov agenda management system would be an advantage but not required. You will be expected to attend a number of daytime and evening meetings (for which time off in lieu will be given).
The successful candidate will work across all aspects of the democratic process, with specific responsibility for the organisation of public meetings including but not limited to: co-ordinating the production of agendas and reports; attending meetings; taking minutes; supporting councillors. The role supports the Planning, Environment and Transport Committee and meetings associated with the Neighbourhood Plan process.
We are looking for:
- A motivated team player with excellent administrative skills who is accurate and pays attention to detail, but also able to work on own initiative
- Strong ICT and report writing skills
- Highly organised with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, able to prioritise own workload and operate with limited supervision to tight deadlines
Benefits of working for us:
- Work for a town council that strives to improve the quality of town life
- Ability to work flexibly
- A work environment steeped in history and a town centre location with excellent travel and rail links
- Learning and development opportunities
- Local Government Pension scheme
- 23 days holiday per year rising to 25 days after 5 years service + bank holidays
- Buying or selling annual leave
- Access to a central work car park
Chippenham Town Council is one of the largest councils in the town and parish sector, we have a revenue budget of c£4m and 75 staff working across several locations in the town. We have an inspiring four-year Corporate Strategic Plan to take us through to 2022 and beyond. This is a great opportunity to become part of our officer team.
You will also be self-motivated, confident, have excellent time management skills, and the ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders both internally and externally. If you are service driven with a positive approach, then we would like to hear from you.
For more information about the role please contact Heather Rae, Head of Democratic Services on 01249 446699 or email email@example.com.
For application details, please visit our website www.chippenham.gov.uk
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chippenham Town Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 12 July 2021
Interview date: Monday 19 July