Council: Dodington Parish Council
County: South Gloucestershire
Salary: SCP 18 – 24 - £24,313 - £27,905 (depending on experience)
Closing date: 24/10/2019
Dodington Parish Council, near Yate and Chipping Sodbury in South Gloucestershire, has a population of around 8,500. Its offices are situated on the site of a primary school – on outskirts of Yate – next to the Parish Hall.
The annual precept is £200k and it has 6 FTE staff. The council is responsible for a large parish hall, 3 football pitches and changing rooms, public open spaces including several children’s play area’s a memorial garden and nature reserve plus allotments and a burial ground. There are 15 councillors and the parish is split into 3 wards.
A vacancy has arisen for a Deputy Clerk reporting to the Clerk and RFO.
We are looking for a team player with initiative, good communication skills, and previous experience in the finance / accounting field. They will have excellent administrative, time management and IT skills.
This is a challenging time for you to join us as more services and responsibilities are devolved to our council from South Gloucestershire Council.
The position is mainly office-based, up to 37 hours per week, including some evening meetings. The current deputy works 28 hours / week – but members are thinking of making this a full-time position due to number of projects that they are getting involved in.
• Permanent position
• Up to 37 hours per week
• To be split over Monday – Friday
• Evening meeting one Wednesday / month
• 20 days holiday (increases 1 day / year until reaching 25 days), plus bank holidays and pension benefits (LGPS – after a qualifying period)
• Experience of local council’s preferred but not essential
• Training and uniform provided and council will support study towards CiLCA qualification if it isn’t already held
• SCP 18 – 24 – £24,313 – £27,905 (depending on experience)
• The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check
A Job Description and Person Specification are attached at end of this document.
• Applications close 24th October 2019
• Interviews during week commencing 28th October 2019
To view the job description click here.
To view the person specification click here.
For an application form, please apply to:
Mrs Hannah Saunders,
Clerk to the Council,
Dodington Parish Council
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01454 866546