Council: Pontesbury Parish Council
Salary: SCP 20 - 24 (£25,991 - £28,672 pro-rata for 18.5 hours)
Closing date: 12/02/2021 17:00
Appointment of Deputy Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Closing date for Applications: 17.00 on Friday 12th February 2021
Pontesbury Parish Council has a vacancy for a Deputy Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer to commence work ideally by 6 April 2021.
Pontesbury Parish Council is looking for a methodical and experienced person to join the parish council team of parish clerk, Pavilion Building Assistant and councillors. In addition to a wide range of facilities managed by the council, it is currently overseeing the preparation of a Neighbourhood Plan and intends to roll out its strategic plan for 2021-21 – a programme of events and services to benefit the community. This is an interesting and varied position working mainly from home.
Pontesbury parish is comprised of the thriving, large village of Pontesbury (7 miles from the county town of Shrewsbury) in Shropshire and various smaller villages/settlements within the rural surrounding area. The parish council serves a population of approximately 4000. There are 15 councillors covering 5 wards.
The post holder will:
- Fulfil the role of the responsible finance officer as required by the Local Audit and Accountability Accounts and Audit Regulations legislation
- To be responsible for all aspects of the council’s finances including governance, accountability, transparency and audit requirements
- Provide administrative support for two parish council committees
- Oversee the day to day running of The Pavilion (Community Building) alongside the Pavilion Building Assistant/Cleaner
- Support the clerk with various parish council services/amenities
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and community focused individual with sound financial management, administrative, communication and organisational skills who is able to be flexible in their approach and able to meet deadlines.
The salary is based on 18.5 hours per week. The Salary will be calculated according to the NJC rates dependent upon qualifications and/or experience but will be within the SCP 20 – 24 (£25,991 – £28,672 pro-rata for 18.5 hours).
Interviews will be held on Monday 22 February 2021 with a view to start by 6 April 2021. Interviews may be held virtually depending on COVID-19 restrictions.
For an application form, job description or further information, please visit the parish council website by clicking here.
Or email email@example.com or call the parish clerk on 01691 661157.
Contact the parish clerk for an informal discussion about this post.