Council: Carterton Town Council
Salary: SCP Range: 26-29 (up to 27k pa)
Closing date: 31/10/2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Carterton Town Council as Deputy Town Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer.
The Council is currently adapting to the challenges and opportunities created by the need to further develop as a progressive Council.
We are looking to appoint an innovative, forward-thinking, and proactive Deputy Town Clerk, to work alongside the Council and other stakeholders to deliver a range of Council services.
Job Grade: SCP Range: 26-29
Salary: Up to 27k pa
Contracted Hours: 37 hours per week
Contracted Days: Monday — Friday inclusive
Contract Type: Full Time — Permanent
Responsible To: Town Clerk
Based At: Carterton Town Council, Carterton
Car User: Casual User Only
- The post holder will be the Responsible Financial Officer and Amenities Officer. (Suitable training will be given to the post holder if required).
- To support and deputise for the Town Clerk
- To proactively assist in the development, promotion and implementation of the Council’s policies, strategic plans and services
- To ensure that the management and administration of the Council’s statutory functions, financial affairs, and projects are carried out effectively and that business continuity is maintained.
- To manage the Council’s Amenities Projects and contracts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To take responsibility for projects or activities as may be directed by the Town Clerk.
- To support elected members, committees and working groups by preparing for and clerking council meetings as directed by the Clerk, ensuring accurate minutes are prepared and agreed.
- To advise the elected members on the statutory duties placed on the Council and individuals and ensure that all decisions are lawful and that they are implemented.
- To liaise with and represent the Council with the community, other public bodies and organisations, face to face, through the website and social media.
- To work with the Town Clerk and elected members and other statutory and non-statutory groups to develop Council Services.
- To assist in the management of the financial affairs of the Council, including the preparation of the annual budget, and the monitoring of income and expenditure in accordance with Financial Regulations as designated by the Town Clerk.
- To be responsible for ensuring adherence to the Council’s adopted Policies by staff and members
- To liaise with and manage Council contractors as required
- Any other duties as required and in-line with the level of the role
To establish and maintain good working relationships with Councillors, Voluntary groups, churches, community organisations, Local authorities and other relevant agencies. To deputise for the Clerk and act as a representative of the Council, at meetings with key stakeholders and positively promote the Council within the local community to ensure its continued presence in local affairs.
For further information about the town council, visit their website here.
To apply, please email the Town Clerk, Ron Spurs at email@example.com